I don't think you are being unreasonable at all. Good luck with everything! [img]smile.gif[/img]
I won an auction last week for a Samantha doll that was described as 18" White body Samantha doll dressed in her authentic Meet outfit. I won her for $79 and shipping was $12 - she was due to arrived today by UPS ... but when she got her she is just a regular Samantha - her dress is tagged Made in China and I don't know if she is even premattel. She has a tan body. I was so disapointed. I emailed the seller and she said by white body she meant the hands and legs.
I have asked for a refund (she says in her auction that returns are accepted), but she says I have no grounds for a refund. I told her that most people bidding on the auction where probably under the same impression as I was - I will see what she says about a refund. I hate to do a paypal dispute as goods not as described, but I might have to.
What do you think - am I being unreasable. I am not asking for the shipping to be refunded but I would not have paid a total of $91 for a used regular Samantha doll.
[img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] Thanks Katie
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 23, 2005 09:24 AM: Message edited by: 2manydolls4me ]</font>
I don't think you are being unreasonable at all. Good luck with everything! [img]smile.gif[/img]
That's horrible! Stick to your guns and demand a refund. You deserve it.
I just got a WB Kirsten and would be SO MAD if this had been the case in my situation. Fortunately mine is 100% authentic.
Thanks guys - she is a newish seller so I don't think she delibertly was trying to mislead, but it is frustrating because she mentioned White Body so prominently it looked like she knew what she was talking about ...
I agree, she was being misleading, and while it sounds like it could have been unintentional (though why you would state she is a white body and not just a white doll I don't know...also wouldn't that be obvious from photos, it's just funny coincidence that her wording was exactly what is used for the oldest dolls), I think that you are right in that the bidding wouldn't have gone as high (and you wouldn't have bid) had people know she was just a used Samantha that you can order new by calling a 1-800 number. Good Luck!
Totally misleading! And to say the legs and arms are white, come on! I think this seller need to be reported if they don't give a complete refund of everything including the shipping to you and back to them.
The seller must know that a Mattel new doll sells for $87. and how can a used Mattel doll sell the same.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Because ebay is quite screwy. Many times new mattel, nude dolls or slighty used dressed dolls WILL sell for as much or more than retail.Originally posted by caroloto:
The seller must know that a Mattel new doll sells for $87. and how can a used Mattel doll sell the same.
More likely she searched on American Girl Doll, saw the best selling ones listed as white body. Didn't know what that meant, skimmed the auctions, and couldn't see the differance between her's and their's. Just assumed they meant the skin color, and put it in.
Does the doll have a body tag? if not she is pre mattel, if she does have one can you tell me what it says on it? Some pre mattel German Samantha dolls do say Made in Germany in the body tag. Hope this information helps.
OMG...That so happend to me with a Kirsten doll though...
I emailed the seller and she said I could send it back minus the Shipping fee...I wanted all the refund, but she said no...
So, I left a neutral and her reply to my neutral was "seller unhappy with Doll's naked appearance. Creepy."
I could not believe she called me Creepy!!!!! Because I thought I was getting a white body Kirsten and I got a tan one! Any collector knows that is not creepy...Right?
OMG!That is horrible!I hope you get refunded!
Bookmarks